Friday, July 23, 2010

Thinking and Trying

Caden and I sitting here on the couch. He's staring off into space, eating a Rice Krispy Treat and drinking water. I'm checking my email and catching up on blogs.

Me: Whatcha thinking about?
caden: (long pause) WordWorld
Me: Really... what about Wordworld
Caden: (again, a along pause) Just about Wordworld, that's what I'm thinking about. Nothing else mom.

I love my kids.

It was getting a bit crazy and I was feeling a bit burnt out, then Daniel took off 2 1/2 weeks between jobs. Now I feel refreshed and ready to pour into my kids lives. It's still challenging, but my "I'm done" attitude is put on the shelf for a while. I've been really working hard on changing my attitude and remaining positive despite what the circumstances are around me. It's hard work, but such a better place to live.

This week has been interesting. Not only was I flying solo again after 2 1/2 weeks of bliss, but both kids contracted Hand Foot and Mouth disease. What a way to come back from vacation! At the beginning of the week as I was cleaning the house and feeling a really bad attitude growing and growing, I started to pray, saying "God, I'm really trying to have a good attitude here, could you help me please!"

And the response I got, "No, you're not. Try harder." WHAT!!!! Are. You. Kidding. me! Try harder????

But then I really thought about it. He was right (go figure) i wasn't trying all that hard. In fact I wasn't trying at all. I think I just thought that if I thought I was trying, then I would be.

But I was only thinking about trying hard, I was actively trying. It was all in my head. So I started actively trying to stay positive and guess what... it worked! My bad attitude went away and the kids and I had a great morning cleaning the house.

I love my kids!

6 comments:

Helen said...

It can be so hard to maintain that good attitude! I'm so glad that break between Daniel's jobs was such a good refresher for you. Hopefully the kiddos will be feeling better soon and you can get out again :)

P.S. Don't forget to update the link to my blog on here! ;)

MOUNT Paddy said...

Wow! Wonderful story!
I am regretting that I always seek the means of stress reduction.

Ania said...

money maker for free
Free offshore articles
all movies streaming absolutely free
Free comedy streaming movies

James B. said...

Nice post and cool blog!

If you'd like, come check this one out sometime: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/

racheljenae said...

I was just thinking about you guys and came to get all caught up on the Miller household! I can't believe your kids are getting so big already!!! Glad you got a little much-needed break and with the holidays right around the corner hopefully that means more to come!

justjess said...

You're so great. I love the friendship we have and how much you mean to me. I love how the L-rd spoke to you and encouraged you at the same time. And I love how precious and sweet your kiddos are. I'm glad to see you have a blog too!