Monday, December 14, 2009

Do you love me?

To set the stage... Caden often receives treats for being an exceptionally good listener or for obeying while we are out and about. I was beginning to realize that he thought he deserved a treat every time I said, "Good listening Caden" or "Caden I'm so proud of you, that was a good answer". He would instantly say, I need a treat or I need a sticker, another means of rewarding. So I decided to just give him a treat every so often just because and I prefaced it by saying, Caden because I love you so much I want to give you this treat. He loved it!

Well, yesterday on our way to church. We're singing in the car and out of the blue this conversation occurred.

Caden: Mommy, do you love me?
--Making sure I heard him correctly--

Me: What did you say?

Caden: Mommy, do you love me?
-- Feeling mushy that he would ask me that, bless his little heart!--

Me: (sweetly) Yes! Caden I love you so so so much.
-- Pause for effect--

Caden: Ok, I need a treat!

WHAT!!!!! :-) Wait a minute! That's not how it's suppossed to work! The little conniver. I couldn't stop laughing. Of course that only encouraged him. But oh man do I love my little guy!

7 comments:

Krista said...

So cute & funny!! Caden is already learning the art of persuasion!

Routine Mom said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn negotiation? I like reading these stories- very similar ones occur at our house. (Z says: No, me parent, you child!)
~Dara
P.S. I kind of wrote a response to your comment in my latest blog entry. Not sure if it helps, but food for thought.

My New Season said...

That is so cute! I just have one question, did he get the treat :)

Michelle said...

I was also wondering if he got the treat?
Cute story :0)

Tracie said...

Hi there! This is Tracie from KCPPM. You mentioned on my site that you would like a coupon class on the East side ....like Lee's Summit aread and had a location we could use.

Could you please email me so I can talk to you about this in deatil? Thanks so much!!

Tracie

tracie@kcpennypinchinmama.com

teenbata20 said...

Thank you very much

Tyson and Lisa said...

I gave you an award on my blog...check it out and pass it on!